What do your customers really think about your product or services?
As much as you may wish you were a mind reader, actually understanding how your customers feel about what you offer them is pivotal to your company’s success.
On top of that, customer satisfaction can be a huge competitive advantage. If your company can improve its customer retention rate by just 5%, then you could see a boost to your bottom line by as much as 95%. Now that’s good business!
However, you don't need to go door to door to get the scoop on how your customers truly feel about your business. Your company doesn't even need a huge team to manage this process. You simply need the right tools and a centralized process to give your customers a voice. But where do you start?
The answer: A customer feedback program.
It’s a centralized, systematic way to collect the voices and opinions of customers throughout the customer journey. You can use Trello and SurveyMonkey to easily capture this information and make a killer plan to take action on the feedback.
How To Capture The Voice Of Your Customer: Trello & SurveyMonkey
You know that your customers are unique—and while there’s no one-size-fits-all solution that supports each of their preferences and needs—you still want to hear each and every idea.
The humble survey is a perfect way to gauge the pulse of your customers. It's a bite-sized, convenient way to collect candid and thoughtful feedback.
You can easily build a customer feedback program strategy with surveys and Trello, even if you have limited resources. Once you put in a little effort upfront, thanks to this free template and some automation, your team will have a smooth process in place to launch.
About The Template And Workflow
This template is modeled after how the SurveyMonkey Voice of the Customer team recommends running a customer feedback program. Their team runs this program to support 98% of Fortune 500 companies, in addition to thousands of smaller organizations around the world.
The board is structured as a complete workflow for your customer feedback program, from start to finish. The first part of the workflow begins with a guide for internal planning, from survey design to action. The second half of the workflow kicks the actions into high gear with the kanban method for tasks and progress tracking.
This board is designed to help you create your own Voice of the Customer workflow. Here's the planning and work that happens at each stage of the process, represented by Lists and Cards on the board:
- Project Planning: This list identifies each step in this process as cards so your team can collectively identify the goals of the program, identify internal resources to support the program, get buy-in from leadership, and select your preferred Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey.
- Survey Design: This list is the space for your team to collaborate on the survey design, questions, and format.
- Sending: This list gives guidance and best practices on how to send your customer surveys, how often, and to whom.
- Analysis: This list provides the meaty details on how to analyze your survey results and customer feedback in order to identify patterns and build action items.
- Action: This list identifies the recommended next step of actions to take once you gather customer feedback such as follow-up strategies and analyzing program success.
Tasks from this workflow are then created into cards on the board so your team can collectively track collaboration and progress from Up Next to Complete.
Trello Features & Power-Ups Used In This Template
Once you create a survey through SurveyMonkey, you can administer and manage survey results within Trello. We’re not monkeying around when it comes to customer feedback—the SurveyMonkey Power-Up allows you to attach surveys directly to Trello cards.
Here’s how to use the SurveyMonkey Power-Up:
- Enable the SurveyMonkey Power-Up on your board and connect it to your SurveyMonkey account.
- Click the “SurveyMonkey” button on the right side menu of a card back, and you will be prompted to choose which survey you wish to attach.
- The Power-Up will show graphs and analysis of responses right on the Trello card so you can see information like the number of questions and responses and a graph of the response volume by date.
- By clicking “Analyze Results,” you are taken to the responses themselves in SurveyMonkey.
Now your team doesn’t have to toggle between multiple tools to gather and analyze customer feedback. You can all easily review and take action on survey results directly within Trello.
Hear, Hear! Start Your Plan Here
Once you have some amazing customer feedback, the next step is to take action on it.
The best way to show your customers that you value their opinion is to constantly improve your products or services with their feedback.
So what are you waiting for? Get started by copying this free template: