Team Table and all of Trello’s views are available to Business Class and Enterprise customers. Want to try views with your team? Start a free trial today!
The Table view is an easy-to-use feature to see cards from multiple boards across your team in a compact, manageable table format. Simply select the boards you would like to add to the Table and the Trello cards will automatically populate. Cards in the Table can then be filtered and sorted by lists, labels, members, and due dates. Make adjustments to any cell in the Table by clicking on it.
Grab A Table Today! (No Reservations Required.)
Table is sure to bring clearer perspective to work happening by everyone on your team across multiple boards. Here are just a few ways that the Table view can be used today:
- Organize large projects across multiple departments in one place: When cross-functional projects need to come together, Table facilitates a single source of truth by pulling together cards from departmental boards while still giving different departments like marketing and engineering the freedom to structure their boards for their preferred work styles.
- Provide leadership with high-level overviews of progress towards company goals: Pull together status updates from different team project boards and get the big picture on how different initiatives ladder up to quarterly and yearly company goals.
- Keep track of personal and team member workloads: Say goodbye to overwhelming workloads and assigned cards that could risk falling through the cracks. Add all of the boards you are on to Table and filter for just yours. Managers can make sure that workload is distributed across teams to prevent burnout.
- Collect discussion topics ahead of time and create action items during team meetings: Save the team time and keep meetings structured by pulling together a meeting agenda in Table before the meeting begins. Have team members add a “To Discuss” label to cards and filter for those cards from across team boards. As you go through each card, update information like lists, due dates, and members without leaving the Table view.
How To Create A New Table View In Your Team
There are two ways to access the team Table:
- From the home screen select your team and then select “Team Table”
- On a board, click the views switcher and select “Open Team Table”
At that point you will have the ultimate project management tabula rasa (couldn’t resist) ready for boards to be added. Click “Add Boards” and select the boards from the team that you’d like to add cards from. We’ve also added a bunch of handy quick filters that will instantly build a table for common use cases like your assigned cards, overdue cards, cards in the To Do list, and many more options.
Drill down the Table to the cards you need by applying filters for lists, labels, members, and due date. You can also sort the cards by due date in ascending or descending order. For example, if you want to see what your team is working on, select ‘Doing’ from the List dropdown, and then select team members from the ‘Members' dropdown. You can then filter for just the overdue due dates, which now lets you focus on just the cards that you need to follow up on with the team.
To save the Table for quick recall or share it with others (like those meeting agendas), click “Bookmark” to copy the link Table’s URL and save it in your browser’s bookmarks or share the link with others in chat or email. A quick note on privacy: when sharing the Table link with others, recipients of the link will only be able to see cards from the boards they already have access to in Trello.
Table brings a multi-board perspective to your team’s work in Trello like never before. Start using Table today and start connecting the dots across projects and initiatives in a whole new way. Team Table and all of Trello’s views are available to Business Class and Enterprise customers. Start a free trial today!
Want To Learn More? Watch Our On-Demand Webinar!
On March 2nd, 2021 we held a webinar to answer all of your questions aboutTrello's new views and card types, show off some demos, and talk about the exciting future of Trello.
Plus, we were joined by special guest, Trello co-founder Michael Pryor, for the Q&A segment.
Watch the recording of this webinar on-demand today. This on-demand webinar is free for all to view.
Good or bad, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Find us on Twitter (@trello)!